Research & Economic Development

Office of the Vice Chancellor

Transfer a Research Project

If a principal investigator (PI) plans to leave the university, he or she should contact ORS and the project officer at the sponsoring agency to determine whether the grant or contract can be transferred to the new university or institution.

A formal written request for transfer is required and must be signed by ORS on behalf of the university.